Senior Financial Analyst
This position is for a professional with experience in an electricity and water utility company with a background in business development and electricity and water Tariff.
- • Must have achieved a minimum bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, or a related field from a reputed university.
• CFA certificate preferred.
• Minimum 7 years’ Experience in a similar role, with GCC countries experience is plus
• Commercial Awareness
• Proven experience in solar, PPP and IPP projects funding by bank is preferred.
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and financial software applications.
• Presentation, reporting, and communication skills.
• Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance, and information analysis.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Deep understanding of the financial system and institutions
• Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
• Working knowledge of financial strategies.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
• Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- • Studies and analyses the impact of changing market conditions in order to understand their financial implications on Kahramaa’ s operations
• Performs valuation analysis on a wide range of target investment opportunities using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
• Establishes the future cost of power (MW, MWh) and Water (M3) based on the available market data with changing fuel and other costs and conditions
• Develops new financial models and enhances existing models in order to provide more accurate financial analysis for sound financial decisions.
• Coordinates with Finance and Customer Services Departments to monitor/get the electricity and water consumption pattern for each sector in order to analyze the tariff and recommend the best tariff structure for each sector in KAHRAMAA
• Studies and analyses the existing tariff structure and recommend methods of optimizing the overall tariff in line with overall organization objectives
- • Updates and develops tariff models applied to different customers.
• Provides analysis, assessment, and advice on the financial and commercial risk aspects
of power and water sales agreements.
• Studies and analysis the current commercial agreements and identify the key challenges
and gaps of Kahramaa’ s agreements benchmark against global best practices in a
• Studies and analysis the existing connection and other services fees and recommend
improvement on the current fees benchmark against GCC countries and global best
practices in a similar environment.
• Assists senior management to appoint external Consultants and to contribute to the
management of the consultancy services.
• Works in cooperation with Quality Assurance and Continual Improvement department
on securing and maintaining the ISO 9001 certification
• Carries out and ensures compliance of all activities within the Business Development
and Tariffication Section are in line with Kahramaa health and safety regulations
• Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting
manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the year
• Identifies the training and development requirements for self and agrees on them with
the reporting manager to ensure that the required trainings are arranged and attended
• Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues
through continued education and professional growth.