• Assist the Senior Project Manager in the delivery of all project requirements for Ashghal managed Project(s)
• Responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of traffic engineering solutions that improve the flow of traffic and help create safer streets and roads Conversant with a range of techniques to improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of road networks, and work closely with local authorities and other stakeholders. The role requires an understanding of engineering
principles and the ability to interpret data and technical drawings Review and provide recommendations on the design, tender and construction stages and ensure compliance with local design standards and regulations.
Skills and Competencies
• Minimum of 10 years post‐graduate experience with experience in major infrastructure projects or programmes; preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures or rail‐ related experience
• Thorough knowledge of Traffic Analysis, Traffic Management, Traffic Modelling and Data Analysis
• Effective in building good working relationships within complex organisational structures, both internally and with various Project stakeholders
• Review and approve temporary works arrangement such as Traffic Diversion
• Plans in accordance with WZTM guide.
• Design, develop and implement traffic engineering solutions
• Analyse traffic data and develop traffic models
• Prepare reports, plans and technical documents
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders
• Conduct site surveys and develop site designs
• Provide advice on traffic control measures
• Monitor the effectiveness of traffic engineering solutions
Qualifications & Criteria
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in an appropriate field such as Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
• Driver’s License
• Evidence of suitable professional qualification CEng or equivalent is preferable
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Arabic language skills
• Experience of working in Qatar and / or the Gulf region.